[Python-mode] script with indentation problems - Bug 818669

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Tue Aug 9 07:59:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

> 3) Line 1266 (authlist = None). Point in column 1. Hit TAB.

> ... Hit TAB again, and it gets indented 8 spaces
> instead 4.

at my machine it stays at current-indentation with TAB, which is
a new behavior

For me that cycling was bad, as if you hit it once too much, you have to
cycle again the whole distance.

Now TAB should get the outmost reasonable indent, while dedent is a task
of backspace.

If you want the old behavior back, please make an entry in the tracker.
We may discuss this with the other folks,

CC to python-mode list, as we may collect some opinions already,

cheers,

Andreas