[Python-mode] How to configure autocompletion?

Brendan Miller catphive at catphive.net
Mon Dec 5 01:38:37 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Andreas Röhler
<andreas.roehler at online.de> wrote:
> Am 03.12.2011 22:58, schrieb Brendan Miller:
>
>> M-TAB does does smart autocompletion in emacs.
>>

> would call that rather completion, while auto-completion starts by
> themselves - just auto
>
> BTW we are preparing it,
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-mode/+spec/context-sensitive-completion

Kind of off topic, but that email comparing emacs and kdevelop for C++
is very misleading because emacs already has the features he is
talking about in kdevelop, that's what CEDET does, and because also
kdevelop is for QT which does not use modern C++. QT predates standard
C++ and the standard library, so it duplicates a lot of stuff without
modern C++ features like templates and namespaces. For this reason,
I'm not sure whether kdevelop is designed to handle modern C++ code
bases (can't say I've tried it though).

That email also seems to imply that emacs development is slow, and
complains about "the tyrrany[sic] of a certain old-time maintainer of
emacs"... Actually, I've found emacs development to be moving pretty
quickly; emacs 24 is almost out with a ton of new features. Also,
Richard Stallman is no longer the maintainer of emacs, and the new guy
seems very proactive about updating the way emacs works. A whole slew
of fundamental changes have been made recently...