[Python-mode] [patch] loading python-mode opens python-mode.el

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Tue Dec 6 20:46:52 CET 2011

Am 06.12.2011 19:06, schrieb Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala:
> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala<yagnesh at live.com>  writes:
>
>> Barry Warsaw<barry at python.org>  writes:

>>> You know, I just started noticing this myself.  Please submit a bug and I'm
>>> sure Andreas will fix it soon.
>>
>> report submitted https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/900847
>>
>> further more;
>> I think I narrowed the problem.
>> on line number 556 there is call find-function-noselect, which makes
>> this happen.
>>

>>> -Barry
>
> This patch seems to fix the problem. Though I dont believe my elisp.

Hi,

thanks a lot investigating this.

Think will drop the whole thing --trying to guess the path from file

If Emacs encounters

  (file-name-directory (locate-library "python-mode"))

before python-mode is loaded, an error will result.

OTOH if python-mode is already present, it must not be the one we need
for subdirectories. Does not make sense to store the path from here.

Will update the INSTALL instead requiring settings before.

BTW as completion from Pymacs isn't used for the moment, think it's a
truly stand-alone still.

Andreas

Andreas