[Python-mode] Add lambda: as a font-lock keyword

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Feb 4 00:39:49 CET 2011

On Feb 03, 2011, at 07:10 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

>Is there any reason not to highlight "lambda:" as a keyword, i.e. when
>it's immediately followed by a colon? The patch below takes a stab at
>that. I guess it might be ideal if the colon were not highlighted; I
>didn't look into that.

Nope, it's fine for consistency with else: and the others.

>Thanks very much for the python-mode code and please tell me if there's
>a more convenient way that I should submit a patch.

Dan, thanks for your contribution!

Patches in emails do tend to get lost in the shuffle.  The best way to ensure
someone looks at it is to file a bug report here:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode

Then you can attach the patch to the bug report, or if you feel comfortable
with Bazaar, create a branch, link it to the bug report, and propose a merge
with trunk.

But a patch attached to a bug, especially for one so small and simple as this,
is fine too. :)  No worries though, I applied this one in r394.  Thanks again!

-Barry