[Python-mode] python.el (from gnu emacs) vs python-mode.el

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Sun Oct 23 09:19:16 CEST 2011

Am 22.10.2011 22:24, schrieb Brendan Miller:
> What features does python-mode.el have above the version of python.el
> that is included in GNU emacs? How do they compare?

"M-x py- TAB" displays a buffer with commands implemented by python-mode.el

resp. "M-x python-" TAB for python.el

As command names are self-explaining, you should get a kind of review
that way.

as for features provided lately, have a look at the
"Announcements"-section at

https://launchpad.net/python-mode

> I recently tried to get ipython.el working, and found it had a
> dependency on python-mode.el...

stuff from ipython.el has been merged into python-mode.el

Just do M-x ipython

This has prompted me to wonder what
> the real differences between these modes are.
>
> Does ropemacs work with python-mode.el?

Please put this question in

https://answers.launchpad.net/python-mode

As other people might have that question too, that will be helpful.

Thanks,

Andreas

--
https://launchpad.net/python-mode