[Python-mode] Kickstarter for Emacs

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Wed Apr 18 20:49:40 CEST 2012

Am 18.04.2012 18:08, schrieb Ivan Andrus:
> On Apr 18, 2012, at 9:08 AM, Tom wrote:
>> I wonder if there be would be enough backers to implement such features
>> in emacs. Could it be an alternative model for funding Emacs development?
>> (Of course, the code should be GPL and stuff, so it would be released
>> to the community when the project is completed.)
> How much would it cost me to get the python modes combined into one?

As far as shipped python.el reaches, python-mode.el follows it's path and provides it's features.
Most of python.el is merged, so it's basically a subset of python-mode.el now.

The diff in short is twofold:

- python-mode.el delivers much more, finer grained commands. Have a look at the menu.
- python-mode.el allows to specify a full path/to/local/Python --also on the fly--, instead of the need
  to customize default shell again and again. Should allow to switch easily between virtualenvs.

[ ... ]