[Python-mode] Pymacs runs from python-mode

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Tue Jan 24 07:31:57 CET 2012

Am 24.01.2012 04:28, schrieb François Pinard:
> Andreas Röhler<andreas.roehler at online.de>  writes:
>
>> if you could manage to moan into the bug-tracker, that will be great
>> :)
>
> Don't get me started on bug trackers! :-) I much prefer humans to
> robots.

I'm your man! - LC :)

   But OK, I'll ponder how usable is your tracker.  It better
> *behaves*! :-)
>
>> Existing python-mode should not disturb installed Pymacs.  Does it?
>
> I do not know.  I've no problem currently, because the Python mode
> version lags only a bit, and for tiny things without consequences.
>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode
>
> I've seen much worse than this tracker, could be better.  Trackers are
> also devices favoring bad maintainer attitudes.  Some of my ramblings:
>
> https://plus.google.com/110898546836957350133/posts/NLwkdraQeay

"Bug trackers and other maintainer tools are not so meant to ease
communications, than to give maintainers some feel they are good at
processing bug reports. The original idea was to solve programming
problems, but it rather quickly shifted into a starve to get rid of the
report, or even the user. I observed this a lot of times."

Ahh, you got me completely.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode provides a kind of wellness.

And indeed: it helps to forget. Thus living relaxed with all the fuss
stored savely until the end of times  - :)

>> If not, next step might be a repo, keeping/installing Pymacs alongside
>> with our stuff.
>
> Whatever works best!
>
>> try M-x python-dedicated for a better sleep :)
>
> Wrong type argument: commandp, python-dedicated

bzr branch lp:python-mode

should deliver it, afterwards a

bzr pull

to update