[Python-mode] [ python-mode-Bugs-3563825 ] Feature: Display class / function name in status bar.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 3 01:40:46 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3563825, was opened at 2012-08-31 13:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nejucomo
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=581349&aid=3563825&group_id=86916

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be helpful for my use case if I could look at the same location in the statusbar to see which class and method the point is currently in.

When working on a class hierarchy with many subclass method implementations, sometimes it's easy to forget which class's version of the method I'm looking at.  Also, for very long functions, sometimes I forget which function I'm viewing.

Date: 2012-10-02 16:40

Message:
which-function-mode does exactly what I want, so I'm closing this as
"works-for-me".  Thanks fragged!

Comment By: Mike Kazantsev (fraggod)
Date: 2012-08-31 18:57

Message:
Maybe (more generic than just python) which-function-mode will do what you
want?