[Python-mode] Can't report bug with gitlab, login broken

Joseph Garvin joseph.h.garvin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 12:14:12 EDT 2023

Gitlab asks me to verify I'm human by clicking a parrot, I do, then it says
the connection was interrupted, every time.

I'm trying to report that python-mode breaks word navigation. This only
appears to be true installing python-mode from the repository (see versions
below). The builtin python mode doesn't have this issue (tested with a
.emacsrc that does nothing but load use-package with the repo set and then
use-package python-mode). Testing is easy:

1. Open a new python buffer
2. Type hello_world
3. Press M-b

The cursor should go to w, not h. If instead you press C-<backspace>, it
should only delete 'world', not the whole thing. This behavior happens even
if subword-mode is active, strangely.

 Maintainer: <python-mode at python.org>
    Authors: 2015-2023 https://gitlab.com/groups/python-mode-devs
             2003-2014 https://launchpad.net/python-mode
             1995-2002 Barry A. Warsaw
             1992-1994 Tim Peters
Other versions: 20230702.625 (melpa).

GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version
1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-06-21