[python-nigeria] Lekan Wahab

Aisha Bello aishabello2050 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 04:07:45 EST 2015

Hello Lekan,

Nice to have you on here. Kudos to you on setting up a Python Club in your
Uni, I will really like to hear more about it.

If you are referring to the meetup I think it's an awesome opportunity to
meet fellow Pythonistas in a less formal setting to hear about what great
works are already being done in Nigeria that some of us aren't aware of.
This will be a good way to garner support from others and we can all
harness our individual strengths. One of the things I definitely hope will
be spoken about in the meetup is hosting a PyCon, but that can only be done
by first having a subset of people who will be a part of the working PSF
group to promote python in Nigeria. If we just jump right at hosting a
PyCon then that might pose a big problem. At the moment nothing is being
coordinated and to host a pycon we need a number(not many) of people
willing to take full responsibility and actions to make it happen.

As per the lite meetup Bayo and Chukwudi were planning am not sure how the
preparations are going hopefully they will update us soon.
For DjangoGirls Coach's dinner it's going to happen on the 20th of February
immediately after the DjangoGirls event. it's also going to include the
gathering and meetup of Nigerian Pythonistas. You and your Pythonista
friends are also welcome to attend. I you've got any more questions do not
hesitate to ping me.

Aisha Bello