[python-nl] Django meetup reminder

Achiel van der Mandele achiel at elsuxor.net
Fri Feb 12 14:44:14 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM,  <python-nl-request at python.org> wrote:
> I would be interested to hear about experiences with integrating
> OpenID in your Django site.
>
> My need is a site without Django users, only "external" users (Yahoo /
> GMail / OpenID provs). This does not seem trivial.
>
> For example, several Django plugins exist, but - as usual - they're
> not all actively maintained.
> And always a Django user instance seems required.
>
> Is anyone interested in discussing their experience with this, during
> the Django meetup?

Well, no, I'm not interested in discussing my experience with this :)
But, you might want to checkout CNProg/OSQA:
http://github.com/cnprog/CNPROG
and
http://github.com/rickross/osqa
OSQA is a branch off of cnprog, which in turn is an opensource django
project aimed at mirroring www.stackoverflow.com
They have openid working at the moment: http://osqa.net/account/signin/

Hope that helps :)
greetz,