[python-nl] deployment knowledge sharing session: release management + buildout + puppet

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at dekkers.ch
Thu Jun 2 22:05:07 CEST 2011

Puppet also isn't the only configuration management system, you also
have cfengine, chef, bcfg2 and probably others. I'm using bcfg2
myself, but at the moment only for general system administration, not
for deployment of webapps. I'm quite happy with it, but I haven't used
any of the other systems so I can't compare them. One of the reasons I
choosed bcfg2 is that's written in python (puppet and chef are written
in ruby, cfengine is written in C).

Regards,

Jeroen Dekkers