[python-nl] Python Meetup Octobre 22nd

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Sep 5 16:17:41 CEST 2014

On 01-09-14 13:26, Reinout van Rees wrote:
> On 01-09-14 09:31, Folkje wrote:
>>
>> In this case, I tried very hard to hook up with the organizers of PUN,
>> because I too heard that there were plans to organize one in sept/okt in
>> Amsterdam. Since I failed at getting anything confirmed, I just decided
>> to go on with our own plans. If you still want, I'd be happy to give
>> this one a PUN label as well. But I'll be just as happy if you poke
>> someone else to organize a different Meetup.
>
> October in Amsterdam sounds fine, no problem. So I just added
> http://www.meetup.com/dutch-django-assocation/events/204410982/
> to point to the Amsterdam meetup (to make sure the ones looking at the
> python/django page know the meetup is coming).

Sigh,  just fouled up. The booking.com september PUN meeting [1] was
still actively being planned... So the organizer (understandably) just
sent me an "I'm not happy with this" email because I suggested the other
meeting to be the PUN one.

Sigh, I've tried steering the discussion on what meeting where and when
to the mailinglist and trusted on the three or four Amsterdam companies
and meetups to sort it out amongst themselves.

Apparently I was too hasty in seeing a solution (=finally a meeting
date) and spoke up before my turn. It was never my intention to de-rail
someone's efforts.

I'll keep my mouth shut for a while. Hope to see you sometimes somewhere
at some meeting in Amsterdam :-)

Reinout

1: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-nl/2014-July/002796.html

--