[Python-porting] Example of data to collect

Piotr Ożarowski piotr at debian.org
Tue Oct 26 22:37:35 CEST 2010

[Toshio Kuratomi, 2010-10-26]
> I've put together a few entries for a table of useful information on python3
> module status:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingToPy3k/Modules
>
> It involves some labor to create and manage that sort of table so there may
> be a better way.  Not sure whether the wiki is the best place to track it.
>
> What do people think?

there's similar table on Fedora's wiki¹ and on Debian's², but having a
central place on python.org is a good idea (just added my tiny Mako
patch there). IMO, this page is not the best place for a discussion/questions/etc.
though. I, for example, would want to know why do you invoke `2to3 --write
--nobackups . ` in Beaker - I didn't need that in my package, isn't
use_2to3=True in setup.py enough? Should questions like this be sent to
this mailing list or added to the wiki?

[¹] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13
[²] http://wiki.debian.org/Python/SqueezePy3k