[Python-porting] Fw: lib2to3 and matching of fixers

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 00:01:52 CET 2011

> Does your fixer us BM_compatible = True? Try setting that to false.

With BM_compatible = False, the match is indeed made, and my fixer's transform method called. Thanks!

Is the meaning of the BM_compatible flag, or the overall matching and transformation algorithm, documented somewhere? Most of the fixers I looked at had BM_compatible = True, and I took my cue from the fix_isinstance fixer as it appeared closest to what I was trying to do.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip