[Python-porting] Shebang lines for Python 3

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Sep 5 09:54:00 CEST 2011

On 9/4/2011 9:07 PM, Aaron Meurer wrote:
> This shortcut works on my machine, but I don't know if it's universal
> to all Python 3 installs.  This certainly would make it easier to me
> developing with those scripts, because I can just call ./script.py,
> but I'm wondering if it's proper to use that in the final (Python 3
> version of the) release of the package.

I remember reading somewhere that it's currently the
recommendation of Python upstream to leave "python"
at Python 2.x - possibly even indefinitely - and use
"python3" for Python 3. Arch went against the grain
there, it seems.

I don't think "python3.2" makes sense unless you have
some reason to think it won't work with 3.3.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein