[Python-porting] Is this the best place for Python 3 porting discussions?

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Tue Apr 24 20:18:33 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 13:12, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> I'm about to ramp up Ubuntu's efforts for Python 3 for the new 12.10 cycle.
> Note that while the purpose of this is ostensibly to remove Python 2 from the
> Ubuntu 12.10 desktop CD images, I really want to continue to push the wider
> Python community onto Python 3.
>
> This mailing list seems like the best place to point people to for help,
> status, and various related discussions.  But the list has been very low
> traffic for quite some time.  Does anybody have a better suggestion for forum
> to advertise for folks interesting in given and getting help with a
> community-driven Python 3 porting effort?

I don't know of a better location where this is discussion has been
going on at, but I can work on drumming up some publicity to this list
if that would help. I have the keys to Python's facebook and Google+
accounts, and can write about it on blog.python.org as well. Reddit
seems to have more people chiming in about porting in recent times
(but a good share of porting haters, as well), and could put something
up there as well.

...and outside of publicity, I'm all in on this movement :)