[Python-porting] [Baypiggies] Is there any guide or post to follow in order to writecode that works both on python 2 and 3?

shaleh at speakeasy.net shaleh at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 21 21:34:58 CEST 2014

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:31:40 -0300, Santiago Basulto  wrote:

       Hello everyone. I'm writing a library that I'd like to be usable
from both, Python 2 and Python 3. Actually, there's a library that
works just for python2 and I want to make it work for 3.

I know it's not really hard to make it work for both versions, but
sometimes I have doubts. For example. If I define a simple class:

class A:
    def __init__(self):
          pass

It will have different meanings if it's run with Python 2 or Python 3
(lacking 'object' inheritence for python2).

Is there any guide, blog post, anything?

Is this enough or do you need more?
http://python3porting.com/noconv.html