[Python-porting] [Announce] Python-Future v0.13; cheatsheet for Python 2/3 compatible code

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Wed Aug 13 05:28:03 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am happy to announce an update to Python-Future for Python 2/3 compatibility and a new cheat-sheet for writing code compatible with both versions.

Here’s the "What’s New" page for v0.13:

    http://python-future.org/whatsnew.html

Here’s the Py2/3 compatibility cheat-sheet:

    http://python-future.org/compatible_idioms.html

or as a PDF:

    http://python-future.org/compatible_idioms.pdf

The cheat-sheet accompanies a talk I gave at PyCon AU 2014 last weekend called “Writing Python 2/3 compatible code”. I will add a link to the video and slides from the cheat-sheet page when they are online.

I would be happy to accept pull requests for additions or changes to the Py2/3 cheat-sheet. The source is here:

    https://github.com/PythonCharmers/python-future/blob/master/docs/notebooks/Writing%20Python%202-3%20compatible%20code.ipynb

Best wishes,
    Ed

--