[Python-porting] ImportError: No module named urllib

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri May 23 22:06:30 CEST 2014

In article
<CAL0kPAUbyS6u5J0kt2QWZhyxwZ7RVbaj0DffZ8OcotMSOs8Dow at mail.gmail.com>,
 Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>
 wrote:
> That's very strange. You are running Python 2.7, but it says that it
> can't find urllib.

It's easy to overlook: the relevant part of the traceback is earlier:

> > line 34, in <module>
> >     from six.moves.urllib import parse
> > ImportError: No module named urllib

So it's not the standard library urllib module, rather part of the six
compatibility lib.  Dunno, I was just able to install python-novo using
pip with Python 2.7.6 on OS X 10.9 and the nova command seemed to work.
And, in particular, from within the Python interactive interpreter,
typing:

from six.moves.urllib import parse

worked.  Perhaps you should check permissions on the the site-packages
files?

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org