[Python-porting] Porting to AIX 6.1

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Oct 28 14:23:56 CET 2014

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:04:19 -0400, "Eckert, Doug" <doug.eckert at dowjones.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get Python v3.4.2 built on AIX 6.1, but am running into some
> issues. At link time I get a slew of:

We (CPython) have accepted patches in the past for AIX support when we
had someone actively testing things (and trying to set up a buildbot).
I haven't seen that person around for a while and there is no buildbot,
so it is entirely possible there's been some bitrot in the support :(.
If you can figure out what's going on you can submit a patch, or you
could come to #python-dev on freenode and see if anyone can help you
figure it out.

--David