[Python-uk] City Python meeting in October?

Glenn Rogers python-uk <python-uk@server.python.net>
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 01:28:32 +0100

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 08:58:17PM +0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
> Evening, all.  Having set up this list, I apologize for doing nothing
> for a couple of weeks - summer holiday.
>
> Would anyone be interested in meeting up in London in the first week
> in October?

Not until after 3rd Oct :)

> If so, what would you be looking for?  Discuss Python over beers
> informally?  Get a meeting room somewhere and a projector and have
> talks before hitting the beers?

It might be an idea, first of all, to find out more about us.
How many people are even within striking distance of London, especially for
semi-regular meetings?
What do we actually use it for - can we have a real meeting that most of us
won't fall asleep in?

To start the ball rolling, I'm in West Surrey, so as long as I can catch the
last train to Woking and don't drink :( I can come.  And I tend to just do
simple utility-type programs - I don't use python in anger, so to speak.

Glenn