[Python-uk] Re: City Python meeting in October?

Dave Kirby dkirby@bigfoot.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:37:25 +0100

Andy Robinson said:

> Would anyone be interested in meeting up in London in the first week
> in October?

I would be up for it, depending on my other commitments at the time.

I am a software engineer in Hemel Hempstead, working for a major network
hardware company. I discovered python a couple of years ago and spent many a
happy hour playing around at home, and have now managed to introduce it in
my current project at work in the form of JPython, since most of the project
is being done in Java, and CPython + win32 extensions for other utilities.

Off topic, does anyone know of companies doing python training & support in
the UK? Is there anyone from PythonPros on the mailing list?  I vaguely
remember talk of them setting up a uk/europe branch, but cant find any
mention of it on their website.

            Dave Kirby