[Python-uk] UK events and O'Reilly

Edward Welbourne Edward Welbourne <eddyw@lsl.co.uk>
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:20:44 +0100

> Cambridge could be a great venue for a Python conference next year
Seconded.  Here's some data for Josette ...

I know the science fiction crowd have used colleges (e.g. New Hall) for
conferences in the past ... which, naturally, means out-of-term
conferences ... the accommodation strikes an eminently practical balance
between cheap and pleasant.  That can only help when it comes to
encouraging folk to come along (and the folk who simply can't survive
without Major Hotel Luxuries have a few choices open to them, but I'll
bet the majority will be more than happy with college beds and more
frugal fare).

At the very least, Robinson and Churchill colleges were built with
conferences in mind (and I think New Hall, while more concerned with the
students' needs during term, haven't ignored this revenue source
either).  I know Trinity Hall hosts conferences (one of my friends used
to be their booking secretary) and I would imagine all the rest do too.

Hmm.  I'm sending this to python-uk@starship.python.net, which means
it'll cross the Atlantic twice before it reaches its recipients ...
there must be a better way.

	Eddy.