[python-uk] Python South-East UK booze-up

Simon Brunning python-uk@python.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:39:39 +0100

> From:	seb bacon [SMTP:seb@jamkit.com]
>
> Simon Brunning wrote:
> > I didn't know that there *was* an upstairs. Since you obviously know the
> > place better than I, which do you recommend?
>
> Well it's a small and very popular pub without much seating. the
> upstairs bar is also small but we may get a better chance of getting to
> sit down up there.  seeing as thursday night can be pretty busy, i was
> thinking of turning up earlier than 7 to secure a spot.

Hokay, upstairs it is.

> > Just look to the big bunch of nerds - can't miss us. ;-)
>
> nerds grazing in a large pack are easy to spot.  however, one or two
> lost nerds who've arrived early can be very bad at locating each other.
>   i'll use the unmistakeably-nerdy-t-shirt strategy.

You'll know me by my tin of spam. No, really.

> anyone else able to make it earlier than 7?

Well, it would be rude to leave you on your own... ;-)

I'll try and get there between six and half-past.

> seb

Cheers,
Simon B.