[python-uk] Oxford Python conference next year

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Sep 9 22:57:46 EDT 2003

At last, a genuine non-spam post....

I am told the ACCU event next year will be held on April 14-17 in
Oxford (Wednesday to Saturday).  Python can have 2 days again,
and they also hope to have a 1-2 day "open source" track (for
general discussion, not obscure specific projects).

The immediate action is to set the days of the Python track;
they will formally announce the event in a week or two then
it is time to activate our planning machinery...

My preliminary feeling is that Python should occupy Friday and
Saturday.  This lets people from Europe cross a Saturday and
get cheap tickets, means only one day off work is needed
for people whose boss did not send them, and leaves time
to do some tourism for those from out of town.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Thanks,

Andy Robinson