[python-uk] Re: UK Python Conference 2004- pre-announcement

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Feb 4 06:50:25 EST 2004

"Andy Robinson" <andy at reportlab.com> writes:

> Thanks.  I will do an announcement later this afternoon
> or tomorrow, as almost all the bios and abstracts are in.
>
> The programme is up at
>    http://www.accu.org/conference/prog.html
>

> In a nutshell: there was not a call for papers, the ACCU
> prefer to "design" a programme and had very strong views
> on the kind of event they wanted to "bring Python back
> into the fold".

Here was me not being aware that Python was ever IN the fold... what a
strange thing to say.

> Specifically it had to be about the language and about programming,
> not about specific Open Source projects and frameworks, and they
> wanted a small number of talks by big names rather than a community
> event.

Also odd, from POV, but there you go.

> They asked me to be co-organiser of the track with one of their
> guys, who then faded out somewhat so it became a last minute dash.

Argh.

> It's done and it's going to be good (but not cheap).

It certainly sounds like a contrast to EuroPython, that's for sure...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
  then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck