[python-uk] Python Programming on Win32

Francis Moore Francis.Moore at shaws.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 09:16:18 EST 2004

Hi,

I recently went into a bookshop in London (Blackwell's Charing X Road)
to look through 'Python Programming on Win32' by Mark Hammond and
Andy Robinson. Couldn't find it so asked an assistant whether it was
in stock or due to be ordered in. He looked it up on his screen and then

remarked that they probably wouldn't bother getting it in unless I
specifically ordered it as it was 4 years old and probably out of date.

So my question is, can anyone on this list actually recommend/not
recommend this book?
If not, are there any alternative references to help develop Python code
on Windows
platforms?

Cheers,
Francis.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication contains information which is confidential and may
also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that
any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error please notify us by e-mail or by telephone
(+44(0) 1322 621100) and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.

This communication is from Shaw & Sons Limited whose registered office
is at Shaway House, 21 Bourne Park, Bourne Road, Crayford, Kent DA1 4BZ.
The views expressed in this communication may not be the views held by
Shaw & Sons Limited.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by McAfee VirusScan.