[python-uk] Python Programming on Win32

Phil Hornby phil.hornby at accutest.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 17:30:03 EST 2004

>> So my question is, can anyone on this list actually
>> recommend/not recommend this book?
>
>> From: Andy Robinson [mailto:andy at reportlab.com]
>
>> Err, yes but I am highly biased - I still get a couple of hundred
>> dollars in royalties each quarter :-)
>
> LOL.
>
> <snip>
> The main thing it does NOT cover is .NET. ...
> </snip>
>
> Well, I guess I won't get a more definitive answer than that ;-)

If you are looking at using Python with .NET then look at Mark Hammond's
website (http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/) as he has some stuff
about it... as he was involved in a prototype of a Python -> .NET compiler.
Also have a search for Python.NET (http://zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/)
as some of the .NET functionality is available in this.

HTH

--
Phil

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"