[python-uk] Volunteers and case studies wanted for ACCU

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Mar 4 21:06:00 EST 2004

It's now 6 weeks to the ACCU event and the UK Python
Conference.  I know many of you have registered already,
and suspect others would like to but find the hundred-pounds
plus a bit steep.

We're going to try very hard to promote the Open Source Forum
and are looking for help.

(1) Interviewer/writer.  Someone to do what Tom Deprez did
for EuroPython: interview key speakers via email, and put the
interviews on the site.  This will give us an excuse to email
the world about the event as each one goes up, and provide lots
of useful content for the personalized programs.  We would offer
free admission.

(2) Case Studies:  the Open Source event needs case studies about
Open Source adoption or migration, preferably in impressive
sounding contexts.  The format is likely to be a "lightning
talk" on the end of the appropriate panel.  Naturally we want
the world to know that Python is one of the key Open Source
technologies.  If you have been involved in something substantial
and worth talking about, let me know!
The programme is here:
 http://www.reportlab.com/conferences/accu2004/opensource.html
(note, this is a temporary location, it moves to accu.org
next week)

In particular I am sure there are many, many Zope applications
in wide use...

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect