[python-uk] Unit Testing Problem

Francis Moore Francis.Moore at shaws.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 09:48:33 EST 2004

From: Duncan Booth [mailto:duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk]

> I suspect you may have copied the example incorrectly

The bit I copied is fine. It's the bit I added that doesn't work ;->

> You have defined a class Widget with a method called 'name', but in
> your __init__ method you are assigning to an attribute also called
> 'name'.

That makes sense now. Renaming the method to getName(), which is
probably
what I should have called it in the first place, fixes it.

> I hope this help.

Perfectly. Thanks very much.

> Have Shaw & Sons limited considered that appending a confidentiality
> notice to emails that are patently not intended to be confidential
> makes it almost impossible for them to defend their position if
> anyone does distribute an email that really was intended to be
> confidential?

It does seem absurd. But I guess the alternative would be to allow
people to
choose when they appended the confidentiality notice to an email and
most of the
time they would probably forget. I guess this way covers all bases?
Although
I have to admit to feeling a bit guilty when I post an email to a
mailing list
and the content of the email is swamped by the corporate signature.

Is there any way of turning it off inside the mailing list? I'm
subscribed on
the ACCU mailing list as well and by adding the line --LongSig-- to the
end of
an email message, it removes whatever comes after it, i.e. the
confidentiality
notice. Presumably the mailing list admin would need to set this up.

Cheers,
Francis.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication contains information which is confidential and may
also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that
any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error please notify us by e-mail or by telephone
(+44(0) 1322 621100) and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.

This communication is from Shaw & Sons Limited whose registered office
is at Shaway House, 21 Bourne Park, Bourne Road, Crayford, Kent DA1 4BZ.
The views expressed in this communication may not be the views held by
Shaw & Sons Limited.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by McAfee VirusScan.