[python-uk] London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Michael Sparks Michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 13:00:51 CEST 2005

On Monday 12 Sep 2005 09:58, Simon Brunning wrote:
> This is the forst one I've organised without Meetup.com, so I'm kind
> of feeling my way here. Perhaps leave a blog comment.

I'll do that :-)

> Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you there. Any chance of
> bringing a little Kamaelia demo with you? Nothing formal - more of a
> blokes-with-pints-gathered-behind-a-notebook kind of thing.

Yeah, sure no problem :-) (So far Kamaelia's turning into a fun way to do all
sorts of things, so it'd be a pleasure really :-)

We've now got Dirac decoding, tweaked this weekend, and playing back through
Kamaelia as well now, so that's two things with one stone :-)

> > Also, are you planning on announcing this on c.l.p ?
>
> I wasn't, no. I've always thought that c.l.py was the wrong place for
> local announcements. Think I should?

You're probably right about c.l.p, but c.l.p.a seems to encourage it
periodically ? Personally I'd say it wouldn't hurt. <badpunalert> I wonder
what the popularity would be of a python crawl vs sprint... </badpunalert>

:-)

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk, http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/

This e-mail may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC.