[python-uk] Turbogears

Doug Winter doug at isotoma.com
Wed Jan 25 09:29:59 CET 2006

Simon Faulkner wrote:
>>RoR and TG share the explict MVC model as a one-size-fits-all approach
>>to web development, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on
>>your application I guess.  TG does seem to provide everything you need
>>to write a complex web application, and it does provide a huge amount of
>>the scaffolding for you.
>

> Ha! Just read (some of) your blog Doug and it puts a lot of stuff into
> perspective - ty :-)

I was trying to be more polite in a general email than I am on my blog
:) For everyone else, Simon is referring to:

http://adju.st/entry/web-frameworks-and-why-most-of-them-suck

I think, where I slag off TG as well as almost everything else.

> I think that a lot of my requirements are at the 'another todo' list (I
> laughed at that one!)

I just wrote a long response to this, and then decided it ought to be a
blog entry instead, since I was planning one anyhow:

http://adju.st/entry/sucky-web-frameworks-redux

So consider that a reply to this :)

> What ever I decide it's got to be better than Access...

Oh yes.

doug.

--
doug at isotoma.com   / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 020 7620 1446 / Mobile: 07879 423002 / Fax: 020 79006980