[python-uk] Python developer role - Central London

Chris Miles miles.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:32:09 CEST 2006

My employer has a software developer role to fill, involving
primarily Python development. Details below.
If you are interested please e-mail your CV and details to me and I
will forward them on.

Cheers,
Chris Miles
miles.chris at gmail.com

---- Job Spec ----

Software Developer
- fed up with your current role ?
- frustrated that your skills and abilities are not being recognised ?
- want something better, more interesting ?

Locayta (www.locayta.com) is a successful and expanding software
company involved in providing search, information retrieval and
content management technologies to a wide range of companies;
including: BT Directories, BBC, Marks & Spencer, Xerox, Mothercare,
Nectar, Panasonic, Virgin Megastore and many others.

Recent new client wins means that we are looking to take on a
software developer with a special mix of skills to work on multiple
software projects. In particular, we are looking for someone with
experience in building web applications using Python. A BS or MS in
Computer Science or equivalent would be preferred.

Job Location: London (near Covent Garden).

Essential Soft Skills
* Attention to detail.
* Able to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment, working to
tight deadlines.
* Can self-manage and keep organised, able to take responsibility for
entire project and work un-supervised.
* Able to gather requirements and communicate with non-technical staff.

Essential Technical Skills
* Experience with Linux
* Python
* Object-oriented development methodologies
* XML/XSLT & XHTML

Desirable
* Agile development experience
* C/C++ experience
* Experience with languages such as Java, Perl (object-oriented)
* Linux/Solaris/UNIX systems administration experience
* JavaScript/AJAX skills
* RDBMS/SQL skills
* Experience with search engines
* .NET, ASPX and C# would be useful but not essential.

The project would suit someone looking for their first career move or
an exceptional candidate straight from university. The salary is
negotiable with an immediate start.