[python-uk] North West GeekUp Tuesday 14th November Re: London Python Meetup, Wednesday the 15th of November

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Mon Nov 6 15:17:45 CET 2006

Hi,

For those in the Northwest, and not aware of it, there's "GeekUp" -
which appears to be the same idea as the London RC2.1 type things.
I'm going along, and it'd be great to see any other pythonistas
there too.

Details:
   * http://geekup.org/

Well, it sounds pretty much the same:
    "GeekUp is a growing community of web designers, web developers,
     and other web-minded folk from the North West who meetup monthly
     in Manchester to discuss the latest industry news, share ideas
     and spread a little knowledge."

When?
    Tuesday 14th November, 2006 at 18:00
Where?
    B-Lounge, Piccadilly, Manchester M1 2DB
Who?
    Add yourself on the Upcoming.org event page.
    http://upcoming.org/event/117533/

Also, for those who may be interested - this was linked on the upcoming.org
page above:
from: http://upcoming.org/event/120380/  -- Thurs, 23rd November

"""NW Start Up 2.0

Starting an internet business? Seasoned entrepreneur? Got the killer idea?
Wondering what the 2.0 this and 2.0 that is all about? Looking for
investment? Looking to invest?
Come along to the north-west's first and premier 2.0 networking event for an
evening of conversation and potential dealmaking. We aim to encourage
creative thinking.
"""

(Sounds like this second thing *might be* a charged for thing though)

Michael.