[python-uk] Help Please

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:37:03 CET 2007

On 29/01/07, Python Freak <newtopython at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am clueless about where to start.

Okay, I did economics for my first degree so we have something in
common! (Although I am not sure my maths ever got that deep). There
are many ways to do what you want. The first step is to mentally
translate what you want to do into Python's data types.

See here for a list of the basic types:
http://docs.python.org/tut/node7.html

Do not forget you can nest data types inside each other, so the most
basic matrix is a set of lists inside a list.

However once you understand what you are trying to do, it would then
be worth downing tools and looking into the numpy module as it has
many mathematical constructs all ready and abstracted for you.

Look at http://numpy.scipy.org/ for hours of fun(?). See for example,
https://networkx.lanl.gov/Reference/networkx.convert-module.html#to_numpy_matrix