[python-uk] ann: Python at the IET

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Jul 2 11:34:40 CEST 2007

If you're in London around 6.30pm this Thursday evening, July 5th 2007, you might want to drop in on The Institution of
Engineering and Technology [1] on the Embankment near Waterloo Bridge [2] for "A Light byte of Python" [3]. Michael
Grazebrook, Pete Ryland and I are flying the Python flag for the benefit of technologists who have not yet had the
pleasure. Michael will be using ctypes to control a USB-interfaced sensor kit; Pete will be demoing user interfaces;
I'll be using BeautifulSoup and sqlite3 to populate a database from a web page and (time permitting) using csv and
ReportLab to push it back out again.

We're presenting the thing as a bring-a-laptop workshop, and it would be great if we had experienced Pythoneers along to
  help afterwards (in addition to ourselves). The take-up's been quite high for the event and there's tea & coffee
beforehand and sandwiches afterwards.

Tim Golden

[1] http://www.theiet.org/
[2] http://www.iee.org/OnComms/Branches/UK/england/SEastE/london/Venues/savoy.cfm