[python-uk] ann: Python at the IET

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Jul 7 02:20:26 CEST 2007

Hello Michael,

Thanks to you, Pete and Tim for organising the talk. It was *great* to
see so many people attend  -  a very pleasant surprise.

I think that for the audience a complete novices introduction might have
been helpful. Maybe the next ones could be something like :

* A brief introduction to Python syntax (a very basic intro)
* A case study showing off a standard library module or extension module
for doing something cool
* A case study of Python in a particular industry or a particular
application

Three 20 minute sessions as the first one would work well. I promise
that sometime when I am less snowed under I will volunteer to show off
IronPython or Silverlight or something...

The workshop style session afterwards didn't seem to happen. I think
that the problem that Michael tried to set could be a good way of doing
that. Set a small task and have several 'experts' on hand to help people
go through it.

Either chairs in the Thompson room - or carrying on afterwards in the
auditorium (after a ten minute recess) might be a way to help this
happen but I think people need some degree of organisation.

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml