[python-uk] python-uk Digest, Vol 47, Issue 5

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Jul 8 15:38:12 CEST 2007

Otu Ekanem wrote:

>     * A case study of Python in a particular industry or a particular
>     application
>

> Not sure whom to speak to directly, but if this does happen -
> I 'd love to volunteer a short session on python's use in the
> telecommunications industry.
>
> I 'd appreciate it if someone could point me at the right person to
> speak to.

I think that, for the moment, that right person would be
me. (Not least because I'd hate to see such an offer go
unanswered). My plan is to wait to hear from Michael as
to whether we're likely to get any leverage at the IET and,
if or if not, what we do next. At that point, I'd propose
a rough schedule of meetups. Until then, though, please
make any offers on this list -- or to me personally if
you wish -- and we'll keep the thing open.

I hope it may come to something; the more evident interest
and support there is, the more likely it will happen.

I hope to be at PyConUK in September so if anything seems
likely to get underway by way of a London talks series we
can touch base there.

TJG