[python-uk] Python evening talks in London

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 10:23:09 CET 2007

Hello UKPU,

I've been reading this list for ages but rarely (never?) post anything. I'm a
music postgraduate student at the UEA in Norwich and use Python not only for
my research (which is in computer models of music representation) but I've
also done odd web/database jobs for the university using Python.

On Friday 16 March 2007 00:30, Michael Foord wrote:
> Talks, tutorials, discussions and sprints all sound like interesting
> activities. Once a month sounds fine.

I'd certainly be interested in coming along sometimes, though I'd have to be
quite keen to hear something as its a two hour/20 GBP train journey to
London.

> How firm do proposals need to be ?
>
> When do 'we' propose starting (first event) ?
> How far in advance do we need to produce a definite schedule for ?
> How many people do we need on any 'official organisers committee' ?
> Would we need to have individuals to cover practical responsibilities on
> site ? (How many, what responsibilities)
>
> Does anyone know the answer to these questions ? ;-)

Someone could set up a sort of calendar wiki so that potential speakers can
post proposed talks (demos, etc.) which can then be confirmed (or moved or
rejected, etc.) by a small team of organisers/editors. This would benefit
people coming from a distance as well.

Cheers,
Richard
--