[python-uk] Vacancies at ReportLab

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 6 13:00:13 CET 2008

ReportLab are the oldest Python company in the UK (we started this
mailing list!).  We maintain an open source library for PDF and chart
generation with thousands of downloads per month, sell software to
make document generation easy, and create hosted services to let
businesses publish on demand.

Due to growth in popularity for our services, we have a number of
positions available, with immediate effect.   I know this is a Python
list, but feel free to tell friends about the non-developer positions.

Junior web developer:
===============
This is ideally suited to a recent graduate. You will be delivering
hosted solutions for our customers, including major blue chip clients
in travel and financial services.  You can expect to gain fantastic
experience in Python, Django, SQL, XML, HTML+CSS and generally all the
tools of modern web development.

Developer:
=======
You should have general web development experience, an ability to know
the difference between a good API and a bad one, be happy to talk to
customers and work out what to build in the first place, and be able
to communicate your ideas clearly in writing.  You will get the chance
both to architect our client solutions and the underlying framework.
Skill set is same as above.  You should either be proficient in
Python, or smart enough to learn fast.

Manager - Travel Projects and Solutions  &
Manager - Financial Projects and Solutions
===============================
We need people to handle key customer relationships and ensure the
development and promotion of our platforms in these areas.    You
should have a background in some project-related function (we'd
consider print or marketing as well as IT), attention to detail, good
writing skills, large amounts of common sense and an enthusiasm for
technology.  You will get to deliver solutions through their full life
cycle, and to define and help promote the products which will let us
scale up in these markets.

All positions are in our office in Wimbledon, South-West London.
All applications must be able to express their thoughts very clearly
in writing.
There is a possibility of some travel to client sites worldwide
(clients include luxury resorts and tropical island tourist
authorities!)

For further information see
     http://www.reportlab.com/careers.html

Best Regards,