[python-uk] [Fwd: ANN: A grassroots effort to get Python introduced to beginner developers in Africa]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 10 17:39:11 CET 2008

fyi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Kamon Ayeva <kamon.ayeva at gmail.com>
To: ngo at lists.plone.org
Subject: ANN: A grassroots effort to get Python introduced to beginner
developers in Africa
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:15:22 +0100

Hello all,

With a group of people, convinced by Python's qualities and its power
in getting the job done quickly, but also interested in Africa, we are
preparing a project to deliver free Python training (a bit like
GeekCorps do) and promote Python in Africa: The Python African Tour.
The idea behind is to bootstrap and help organize a dynamic FOSS
community in Africa linked to the other communities, and instigate
fast and sustainable learning among the new generation.

The original plan is get sponsoring to send a volunteer trainer (or a
couple of trainers) to each town in Africa where we have demand.
Since, the project is at preparation stage, contribution in the form
of ideas and return on experience is welcome.
If you want to participate as a volunteer, local facilitator, or
sponsor, check out the project page on OpenPlans.org, join or contact
me.

http://www.openplans.org/projects/python-african-tour

Best regards,
Kamon AYEVA