[python-uk] Junior Python Developer Position

Ankur Shah ankur at techlightenment.com
Tue May 6 11:42:59 CEST 2008

Hi All,

We're looking for a Junior Python coder to join our growing ranks.

We are a well-backed London based startup (based in Shoreditch), doing
work around email, social networking and various semantic technologies.
The position involves both desktop and web related programming. We are
looking for someone who can join a small team, get started very soon and
hit the ground running.

Requirements:
- good knowledge of at least one programming language (can be any)
- preferably including C/C++ (we are actually developing in Python)
- some knowledge of concurrency (threads etc.) - that is, he/she shouldn't
be totally clueless on this front
- generally smart (passion for programming, pride in work, quick
learner, etc.)

Pluses:
- knows a dynamic language (python, ruby, groovy, perl, etc.) well
- knowledge of Linux and Mac

Extra cool:
- knows python well, twisted, wx, etc.
- knows some functional programming (erlang, haskell, lisp, etc.)
- Mac power user - enjoys tinkering around, knows how to use the shell
well, and some internals

Salary: Upto £25,000 (based on experience)

This is a permanent position and all the usuals apply.

Please feel free to contact me if you require further information.

Thanks.

Yours,

Ankur