[python-uk] Python Developers Wanted.

Robert Taylor pythonjobs at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:48:25 CEST 2008

Hi All, I am looking for a number of Python Enthusiasts, see below
additional information. Salary -
£20-£60k + 25-35 days holiday per year + Discretionary bonus scheme + Very
Flexible working hours + Relaxed and informal working environment

*Company*
A profit making and established company based in London was set up in 2006.
Using cutting-edge technology and city proven algorithms, they have
succeeded in becoming a leading supplier of automatic trading and hedging
tools. Due continual expansion we are looking for technically and
mathematically motivated candidate who are keen to work on mentally
stimulating projects.

*Technical Profile:*
As part of the development team you will have a broad technical base which
must include a strong interest in and knowledge of Unix / Linux and ideally
some experience of scripting languages, ideally Python. An interest in
functional programming and its application in the real world would be useful
Specifically, Python or Erlang.

*Person
*The sort of person we're looking for must have a degree form a leading
Redbrick University or equivalent, personal interest in programming and the
desire to programme in Python.
You will also need to have a well-rounded understanding of computer software
to be able to do all of that. It's your project, and you'll need to put all
the pieces together to make it work. While you'll have lots of expertise
available to help, what you won't find is a separate department to do all
the things some programmers wouldn't normally do (setting up Linux servers,
administering a database, etc).

If you believe that you have the skills to fit this role, please email me
with you CV.