[python-uk] London Python Pub Night

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Jul 18 01:35:14 CEST 2009

Hello,

Barcelona Meetup Group is using Meetup webpage (http://www.meetup.com).
I think that to create a Meetup it's needed to pay, not 100% sure.

There isn't any London Python Meetup created but there is a list 58
people who are interested on a Python Meetup.

I guess that mainly everybody is here or they will know that we do the
meeting. But it's just interesting to see that there is many people
interested.

Meetup webpage helps to organize meetups (sends reminders,
notifications, documents, etc. etc.) but nothing that it's not possible
to do with some mails in a mailing list.

Cheers,

On Jul/16/2009, Nicholas Tollervey wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Apologies for the cross posting with EuroPython list...
>
> It was good to meet up last night. One of the topics that often came up
> was "we should make this a more regular event". Jonathan also mentioned
> organising a "Code Dojo" - I'll let him explain what that'd involve.
>
> So, while the iron is hot: how about a time and place for August..?
>
> Say 7pm, 20th August, starting with a "Code Dojo" / lightning talks
> followed by the pub at the offices of Fry-IT? (Thanks Peter and Marcus
> for volunteering these premises for free):
>
> 503 Enterprise House
> 1/2 Hatfields
> London SE1 9PG
>
> Comments, suggestions, confirmations..?
>
> Nicholas.
>

> On 10 Jul 2009, at 10:51, Stephen Emslie wrote:
>
>> Those at EuroPython in Birmingham showed quite a bit of interest in
>> regular London Python meetups. So while it's is still fresh in all of
>> our minds, lets do a post-convention debriefing at the Old Bank of
>> England pub on Fleet Street next Wednesday.
>>
>> Ideally, we would like to make this a regular event. We all hope Simon
>> Brunning (or someone else) finds the time to reboot the more official
>> London Python meetups, with talks + sponsored beer & pizza, etc. so the
>> intention here is to provide a relaxed and informal regular meet to
>> drink ale and discuss Python (drinking of ale is optional).
>>
>> Time: Wednesday 15 July, from 7pm
>> Venue: Old Bank of England Pub: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/66/660/
>>
>> In case you weren't at EuroPython but would like to come, we'll
>> display the usual can of spam to make us identifiable.
>>
>> Stephen Emslie & Andy Kilner
Carles Pina i Estany
	http://pinux.info