[python-uk] Next Cambridge & East Anglia Meetings: Tue 4th Aug

Tony Ibbs tibs at tibsnjoan.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 19:37:08 CEST 2009

Copying the message sent to the CamPUG Google Group:

The last meeting was a pub meeting - thanks to Tom and Alistair who
came along. We mostly talked abut EuroPython (and, for those who
weren't there, there may well be a one day Python Unconference [you
can google it] in Birmingham in September, perhaps Saturday the 5th).

The next meeting will be Tuesday 4th August, at 7.30pm. Venue to be
confirmed.

I've got Richard Watts booked to talk about Muddle, a new build/
deployment system written in Python, and if no-one else volunteers
with something more interesting, I shall talk about unit-testing a
Linux kernel module with Python, and why that might be a good thing to
do.

As normal, offers of either talks or lightning talks (so, really,
choose your length) are welcome.

The meeting after that would be Tuesday 1st September, and should by
schedule be a pub meeting - we may be talking at the August meeting
about whether pub meetings are still worthwhile.

I hope to get back to announcing three meetings ahead soon, as well.

Tibs