[python-uk] 2nd London Python Dojo - 18:30 15 October 2009 at Fry-IT

Nicholas Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Wed Oct 7 10:27:47 CEST 2009

Yes, I realise my mistake... ;-)

Just out of interest, what helpful features over and above the regular
python shell does ipython/bpython provide, and how will this enhance
the Dojo..?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, but if I learned anything from
the last Dojo it was that putting people in front of unfamiliar tools
makes the Dojo more intimidating and uncomfortable (one more thing to
learn / get to grips with in addition to solving the problem at hand).

However, if it will make the Dojo easier then we must use it - I
*personally* think part of the reason for coding in public is to
discover new development tools and "wrinkles" that we can all learn
from! Perhaps we should just make it available and highlight it for
those who wish to use and demonstrate it (as Dave suggested).

Nicholas.