[python-uk] 2nd London Python Dojo - 18:30 15 October 2009 at Fry-IT

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Oct 7 10:36:43 CEST 2009

Nicholas Tollervey wrote:
> Just out of interest, what helpful features over and above the regular
> python shell does ipython/bpython provide, and how will this enhance
> the Dojo..?

If I'm right, they both offer basically a reworked Python interpreter
with lots of bells and whistles. But the bells & whistles are optional,
so there's a very shallow learning curve but the opportunity to see
how the extra features might be useful.

bpython doesn't work on Windows and iPython has never quite clicked
with me in spite of a few goes, but I'm at least +0.5 on having them
available for people who know/like them or at least think they might
benefit.

TJG