[python-uk] 2nd London Python Dojo - 18:30 15 October 2009 at Fry-IT

Edward Hartley ed.hartley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:48:53 CEST 2009

Sent from my iPhone at last the handheld that works!

On 7 Oct 2009, at 12:41, Dave Kirby <dave.x.kirby at gmail.com> wrote:

> As Tim says, ipython is a superset of the regular python shell, so you
> can ignore all the features and get along with it just fine.
>
> The features I find most useful (and which I think will be of benefit
> to the dojo) are context-sensitive tab completion and the help system.
> Using these is an order of magnitude faster than looking things up in
> the docs and works for any modules or objects that ipython can see.

Another use is when exploring an API or doing "what if's" on parameter
values is to use log files. Then incrementally edit and reload as a
method. Then extend the method,  rinse and repeat. Finally wrap the
results up into a class and add a main that exercises tests cases on
the class.
Ed