[python-uk] Google Wave

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Oct 19 13:28:51 CEST 2009

John Pinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/10/19 Pablo Brasero Moreno <pablobm at gmail.com>:
>
>>     This is pablobm at googlewave.com. May I join the discussion? I have found
>> Wave not so useful so far for the same reason.
>>

> Being a cynical old man I suspect that it's yet another piece of
> technology looking for a problem to solve, when the stuff that really
> needs doing is neglected because it's boring.

I had similar opinions - thinking that for the online communication I
usually take part in text only protocols work better. Multimedia mess, meh.

What changed my mind was a recently published Lifehacker article with
some pretty compelling use cases for wave:

    http://lifehacker.com/5381219/google-waves-best-use-cases

All the best,

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/